Local agencies, including Gwinnett County Transit, Gwinnett County Public Schools, Gwinnett County Department of Fire and Emergency Services and MARTA, will display buses and equipment during this weekend’s Trains, Trucks & Tractors at the Southeastern Railway Museum.
The event is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 2, Saturday, Aug. 3, and Sunday, Aug. 4. During the event, participants will display a range of antique tractors and vehicles not generally on display at the museum.
TICKETS: Click here to purchase tickets.
Other attractions during the event include:
- Participants will showcase a myriad of antique tractors and vehicles, giving guests an up-close view of living history
- Guests can enjoy a hayride for a small donation
- Musical guests Phil Griffin on Friday, Aug. 2; Young Again Band on Saturday, Aug. 3; and Andy and Amanda on Sunday, Aug. 4
- From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 3, and Sunday, Aug. 4, author Todd DeFeo will present information about the Western & Atlantic Railroad, drawing on information and anecdotes from his new book.
- On Saturday, the museum will also celebrate the 100th “birthday” of the General II locomotive. Baldwin Locomotive Works in Philadelphia built the General II in 1919.
Food vendors include Bill’s Grills on Wheels on Friday, Aug. 2, and Saturday, Aug. 3; The Local Pantry on Sunday, Aug. 4; and Best Ice Cream on Wheels on Saturday, Aug. 3, and Sunday, Aug. 4.
The special visiting exhibits and other activities are included in regular museum admission, and guests can also purchase rides on the museum’s restored antique handcar. Visiting exhibits will arrive and depart at different times throughout the event, and event offerings are contingent upon the weather.
For more information, visit SoutheasternRailwayMuseum.org.