1953 General Motors “Old Look”
Yellow Coach, an early bus builder partially owned by General Motors, introduced this bus design in 1940. The company built approximately 38,000 of the buses during a 29-year production run. Most of the buses were powered with the Detroit Diesel 6-71 inline six-cylinder engine with Allison V-drive transmissions being used after 1948.
1963 General Motors “New Look”
General Motors introduced this model, also known as the “Fishbowl” in 1959. The company built more than 44,000 models, making it an iconic transit bus across North America. Production ceased in 1977, and the bus was replaced with the RTS transit bus.
1988 Flxible Metro
The Flxible Corporation manufactured this model from 1983 until 1995. The model was also known as the Grumman 870 when Grumman owned Flxible from 1978 until 1995.
1949 Trackless Trolley
Georgia Power purchased this St. Louis Car Company trackless trolley in 1949 as part of a large collection to modernize its fleet. Learn more about the trolleybus here.
1989 Cobb Community Transit Bus
#8956 was in the first order of buses for CCT to start the express bus system. Other than a handful of service provided by MARTA in the GA 400 corridor, this represented the first true express bus service in Atlanta with a dedicated fleet since the 1950s. Learn more here.
1921 Georgia Power Streetcar
Streetcar #269 was built by the Cincinnati Car Company as part of a series of 14 trolleys delivered to Georgia Power in 1921 numbered #267-280. The cars were set up for two man operation and painted for the Decatur line and the 5¢ fare. Learn more about #269 here.
1980 Westinghouse C-100 Automated People Mover
The initial Atlanta Airport people mover system began operation in 1980 with 24 vehicles. Over the next 20 years, system expansions and a route extension designed to service a new international concourse brought the total number of vehicles to 49. The Westinghouse C-100 #1 and #53 were donated to the museum in 2002. Learn more here.