The Southeastern Railway Museum offers a wide variety of opportunities for educational field trips and tours, both guided and self-guided, for all ages. All guided tours include a ride aboard a historic train car*. If you have any questions or would like to book a tour, please contact the museum’s Education Coordinator at 770-495-0253, or email the museum’s education coordinator.
To begin your railway journey, please select a link below.
- Group Programs
Guided tours are available for senior groups, special interest groups, and other preformed groups.
- Field Trips
The Southeastern Railway Museum offers field trip programs for schools, day care groups, and homeschool groups, catered to your specific age group.
- Second Thursday Pre-School Program
Our monthly pre-school program, Second Thursday, features crafts, activities, games, story time, and a vehicle of the month. Tickets should be purchased in advance.
- Summer Camp 2017 – I’ve been Working on the Railroad
Discover the excitement of railroading at the Southeastern Railway Museum summer camp! This year’s theme is “I’ve been working on the railroad”. Ages 4-12. Each day we will learn about a different railroad occupation, make a railroad craft, and do related railroad activities.
- Summer Camp 2016: Railroads Around the World
- Annual Homeschool Day On September 22, 2016, our annual program for homeschool families showcased railroads around the world.
* Train rides are subject to weather and other conditions outside the museum’s control. Train ride tickets will be given for a later date if the train is unavailable during the tour time.