Click here for information on the Second Thursday programs.
April 17, 2020 – Due to the Covid19/Coronavirus travel/social distancing restrictions, we will NOT be hosting summer camp in 2020. As of this date, there is no estimate on resumption of 2nd Thursday programming nor field trips.
COMING SOON: 2020 Summer Camp
The theme for our 2020 summer camp will be “CLASSIC TRAINS”
Children will have fun learning about famous trains from railroad history. One of them on the list is “The Big Boy” which has been in the news lately and children love. There will be crafts, games, activities, train rides and lessons that relate to these classics in railroading. More information will be coming in early 2020.
The Southeastern Railway Museum offers a wide variety of opportunities for educational field trips and tours, both guided and self-guided, for all ages. All guided tours include a ride aboard a historic train car*. If you have any questions or would like to book a tour, please contact the museum’s Education Coordinator at 770-495-0253, or email the museum’s education coordinator.
To begin your railway journey, please select a link below.
- Group Programs: Guided tours are available for senior groups, special interest groups, and other preformed groups.
- Field Trips: The Southeastern Railway Museum offers field trip programs for schools, daycare groups, and homeschool groups, catered to your specific age group.
- Second Thursday Pre-School Program: Our monthly pre-school program, Second Thursday, features crafts, activities, games, storytime, and a vehicle of the month. Tickets should be purchased in advance.
- Summer Railway Camp 2019: Each summer, children ages 4-12 attend a summer railway day camp with hands-on activities, train rides, interactive lessons, and more.
- Homeschool Event 2019: Our annual event for homeschool families is back!
* Train rides are subject to weather and other conditions outside the museum’s control. Train ride tickets will be given for a later date if the train is unavailable during the tour time.