XC7871 – Transfer Caboose – Southern Railway
This caboose was built in the 1950s and was used to transfer railcars between railyards that were only a short distance apart, hence the name ‘transfer caboose’.  It was donated in 1980.  The side walls and doors were added in the 1990’s  at the museum to support operating in the onsite train ride. 
500837 – Caboose – Norfolk & Western
This class C19 caboose was built in 1940 for P&WV as number 837. It was later acquired by N&W in 1964 and was subsequently donated to the Museum in 1989. Click here to read more.

X-92 – Caboose – Central of Georgia

This wood constructed unit was built in 1916 as a ventilated box car. It was converted to a caboose in 1942 by Central of Georgia’s shops. It was donated in 1970.

  • Status: On exhibit

01077 – Caboose – Seaboard Coast Line

This steel class M6 caboose was rebuilt in 1970 and donated in 1997.

  • Status: On exhibit

2156 – Caboose – Southern Railway

This is a wood caboose built in 1915 by Southern Railway. It was last used in service by Vulcan Materials, and was donated to the Museum in 1979.

  • Status: On exhibit

2866 – Caboose – Georgia Railroad

Converted from a 1945 boxcar in 1970, this steel bay window caboose was used to carry passengers in mixed train service on the Georgia Railroad. It was donated in 1982.

  • Status: On exhibit

2489 Caboose – Georgia Railroad

This caboose was built during the WWII steel shortage by the Georgia Railroad’s shops. The frame and ends are from an otherwise rusted-out 1923 boxcar, with 2′ x 6′ boards attached to the inside of the frame. It was donated in 1972.

  • Status: In storage