Nearly 200 runners donned patriotic colors and took to the streets of Duluth on Saturday for the third annual Fast Track 5K.
The Memorial Day Weekend event, a pre-qualifier for July’s Peachtree Road Race, was presented by the Southeastern Railway Museum and the City of Duluth. Proceeds from the race benefit the Museum’s education, equipment restoration and conservation programs.
Meg Brooks was crowned the Overall Female winner, clocking a time of 23:40. Colin Maurer took home the men’s overall title with a time of 18:06.
Nastaran Vakili took home the Masters Female title with a time of 23:50. Kevin Leftwich won the Masters Male division with a time of 22:15.
The winners were honored during a ceremony on Duluth’s Town Green following the race. Additional winners honored were:
- 10 & Under: Audrey Doss (female); Jaiden Muller (male)
- 11-14: Morgan Hill (female); Bowman Fawcett II (male)
- 15-19: Stephanie Bailey (female); Will English (male)
- 20-24: Kimberley Owen (female); Ryan Maloney (male)
- 25-29: Margaret Burek (female); Emiliano Pazos (male)
- 30-34: Erin Martin (female); Paul Adams (female)
- 35-39: Jennifer Hickey (female); Michael Gerber (male)
- 40-44: Andrea Vickers (female); Doug Brooks (male)
- 45-49: Martha Montoya (female); Dennis Gooden (male)
- 50-54: Becky Roy (female); Earl Sharpe (male)
- 55-59: Barbara Bickley (female); David Turner (male)
- 60-64: Susan McCarthy (female); Rick Dial (male)
- 65-69: Isabel Serrano (female); Randy Murdoch (male)
- 70 & Older: George Southgate (male)
Additional sponsors included Boudreaux’s Café Acadiana, Checker Cab, Chick-fil-A, Dreamland Bar-B-Que, Dunkin Donuts, Fit Body Boot Camp, Fleet Feet Sports Atlanta, Great Harvest Bread Co., Gwinnett Ford, Marlow’s Tavern, the Atlanta Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society, Publix, Rexall Drug, Specialty Engraving and Tiger Tails Animal Hospital.
Complete results are at the chip timing results page.
#FastTrack5K Social Media Highlights