2018 Southeastern Railway Museum Photography Competition
The annual photo competition at the Southeastern Railway Museum is back! Photographers are invited to submit photos taken at the Southeastern Railway Museum for exhibit in a gallery at the Museum. Entries will be accepted February 1 – February 24 during operating hours. Photographs will be on display throughout March, and visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorite.
Photos will be judged in three categories:
- Equipment (all railroad cars and locomotives)
- Exhibits (other than railroad equipment)
- People (staged or candid)
For details including submission guidelines, judging, and an entry form, see the photo competition brochure and the information below.
To enter, the following are required:
- 2018 Photo Contest Entry Form on brochure
- Digital submission (details below and in brochure)
- Print submission (details below and in brochure)
- Model release (if subjects are recognizable)
- Entry fee, or a copy of your entry fee receipt
The entry fee is $15 for up to 5 photographs per entrant. Students with a valid identification receive a $5 discount using the “student2018” coupon code (code is entered on the payment information screen). Entry fee may be paid online through our ticket system or enclosed with your submission.
PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION AND AWARDS
Photos will be exhibited at the Museum during March 2018. Admission to the exhibition is included in Museum admission and attendees are encouraged to vote for “People’s Choice”. Recognition of the winners will take place on Saturday, April 7, coinciding with the first day of Caboose Days. All entrants are invited to attend as guests of the Museum. Please bring your proof of submission (electronic or physical) for free entry for the day. The People’s Choice and Judges’ winners will be named guest Photographers-In-Residence and invited to return to the Museum for an exclusive photo shoot.
- Photos must have been taken at the Southeastern Railway Museum, ideally within the last year
- Digital submission: High quality JPG, PNG, or TIFF either via email to email@example.com or by CD/USB drive in person
- Print submission: Mounted on 11”x14” matte board (white or off white), clearly labeled on the back with the photographer’s name and photograph title. Photos must be 8”x8”; 8”x10”; or 8”x12”. Photos may be dropped off at the admissions gate house or mailed to
Southeastern Railway Museum
PO Box 1267
Duluth, GA 30096
- Entry fee receipt: if you paid online, please include a copy of your receipt
Any photograph obtained by or documenting the breaking of posted Museum safety rules will be disqualified. Any photograph taken in an area not open to the public will be disqualified. The Museum takes no responsibility for entries lost or delayed in the mail. All digital submissions become the property of the Southeastern Railway Museum. By entering the Contest, photographer grants full and unlimited license to the Museum to use the image(s) as exhibits and for marketing, fundraising, or any other purpose, without compensation. Photographers will be credited where possible. Prints may be picked up within two (2) weeks of the end of the exhibit period. Prints left after that time may be used by the museum.