Art Week | May 5 – 14, 2016
The museum’s supporting Duluth Art Week 2016 as a site for both art exhibits, special exhibits from the museum’s collections and a site for Plein Air activities.
For more information about Paint Duluth and the plein air activites see PaintDuluth.
For more information about other art week activities in Duluth see Duluth Art Week.
National Train Day | May 14, 2016
The museum will celebrate National Train Day with a variety of activities to wrap up art week events.
School’s Out, Celebrate Success | May 25 – June 6, 2016
Celebrate the end of the school year with a train ride. The museum will give each student visiting the museum between May 25 and June 4 a free train ride when the student presents their report card with at least one grade of “A” (or equivalent representing the highest possible standard) for this school year.
Fast Track 5K | May 28, 2016
The museum’s 2016 Fast Track 5k is scheduled for a 7:30am start on Saturday, May 28.
This year’s event is a patriotic themed event as part of Duluth’s Memorial Day celebration and the race and awards will be followed by a patriotic program recognizing our veterans and service members. Everyone is encouraged to dress/run/walk in their patriotic attire.
Sign up online at active.com
For more information and to see our sponsors, please click here.
Locomotive Celebration | June 11 – 12, 2016
Hours are 10am – 5pm both Saturday & Sunday.
- Christening/introduction and naming of our newest locomotive
- Temporary tattoos
- Locomotive hunt
- Craft corner for kids to create a souvenir to take home
- Whiste & horn demonstrations
- Rides on an antique handcar
- Docents in period attire providing information about the history of our locomotives
- Food from Bills Grills on Wheels and Kona Ice
- Free admission to railway/railroad workers andfamily with either a work id our brotherhood card. This offer is being extended to our friends that work railroading day in and day out so they have a chance to show their families more of what they do in a safe, friendly environment.
The offer specifically includes Norfolk Southern, CSX, MARTA and regional shortline employees.
- We will have a night photography session with multiple scenes. Tickets are available at tickets.