For information about planning your visit (hours,directions), please see Plan your visit to the museum.
Any dates/times listed on THIS page, override the standard day/hours listed on the planning page as special events operate custom hours/days.
Caboose Days 2018 (Day One)
April 7 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Southeastern Railway Museum in Duluth, Georgia, will celebrate cabooses, the crews that called them home and their role on the railroad during Caboose Days.
Come celebrate spring and one of the icons of the railroad! Our Caboose Days event is fun for the whole family!
- Temporary caboose tattoos (included in admission)
- Juice on a caboose (and snacks!) (included in admission)
- Caboose hunt
- Caboose slide show featuring historic cabooses
- Food will be available for purchase:
- Handcar rides on our restored antique handcar ($2)
In addition to rides on vintage cabooses, guests can also enjoy food and movies showing cabooses in action. The museum will host the family-friendly two-day event from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on April 7-8. For more information, visit southeasternrailwaymuseum.org.